Acne is a skin condition noticeable by a section of inflamed skin crammed with pimples, mainly on the face. Other common areas you can find acne are neck, back or shoulders. Due to irritated or infected sebaceous glands (where oil in the skin is stored) and are particularly common among adolescents.
TYPES OF ACNE:
Whiteheads are a mild form of acne that appears as small, round, white bumps on the skin’s surface. This occurs when a pore becomes clogged with oils, dead skin cells, and debris
Blackheads are a plug of sebum (oil) in a hair follicle, darkened by oxidation.
Papules are small pimples or swelling on the skin, often forming part of a rash.
Pustules (zits) are small blisters or pimples on the skin containing pus.
Nodules are a small swelling or aggregation of cells in the body, especially an abnormal one. They are large, solid, painful pimples that are embedded deep in the skin.
Sebaceous Cysts are common noncancerous cysts of the skin. Cysts are abnormalities in the body that may contain liquid or semi liquid material.
TREATMENT FOR ACNE
(Click on treatment for more info.)
- Crystal microdermabrasion
- Skin/micro needling
- LED light therapy (blue, yellow, red)
- Purple skin peel
SKINCARE PRODUCTS FOR ACNE (Skinstitut)
- Wash face twice, daily
- Refrain from harsh scrubbing/over exfoliating
- Keep hair clean (excess oils from hair travels to skin, worsening acne)
- Refrain from popping/squeezing pimples
- Cut back on sugary foods and dairy products (especially skim milk)
- Wear sunscreen
- Speak to doctor if taking hormonal pills
- Avoid skincare products containing oils
- Reduce stress